Enzo Maresca says Manchester City are fully prepared for a high-intensity challenge from Bournemouth as the two sides meet at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday in his first Premier League home game as City manager.
Maresca Braced for Bournemouth's Aggression in Premier League Opener
Enzo Maresca says Manchester City are fully prepared for a high-intensity challenge from Bournemouth as the two sides meet at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday in his first Premier League home game as City manager.
Maresca has done his homework on the south-coast club, studying footage from their pre-season fixtures and matches from the previous campaign. He noted that Bournemouth retain the same aggressive character under new head coach Marco Rose that they displayed under former boss Andoni Iraola.
"A very aggressive team. They already were aggressive with Andoni, and they still are. It's quite clear what they do on the ball and off the ball," Maresca said.
Doku injury update
Maresca also offered clarity on the fitness of winger Jeremy Doku, who came off at half-time in City's most recent outing after reporting calf discomfort. The manager confirmed the substitution had been pre-planned as a precaution, and expects Doku to be sidelined for no more than two to three weeks.
Fernández transfer talk dismissed
The City boss also shut down questions surrounding a reported interest in Chelsea midfielder Enzo Fernández, refusing to comment on a player who remains contracted to another club.
"Enzo is a Chelsea player, and I'm not going to talk about players that are not with us. First of all, because I think it's a lack of respect, and second because I don't like when different managers talk about our players," he said.
Maresca's measured approach signals that City intend to go into Sunday's fixture with clear tactical awareness, even as questions around the squad continue to swirl ahead of the new season.


